Wordless Wednesday – Baking Bacon via Cooking Light Magazine

No time to write a post so how about a Wordless Wednesday? Tried a new technique for cooking bacon last night that I found in the March issue of Cooking Light magazine. The pictures tell most of the story. For more wordless recipes, check out Eat the Love’s March 4 post, 5SecondRules’s March 10 post and also this interesting visual recipe contest at Good.is.

Applewood smoked bacon baked to perfection

Bacon baked to perfection at 400 degrees

Using Cooking Light's technique, baked to perfection for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.

, , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Wordless Wednesday – Baking Bacon via Cooking Light Magazine

1. cheryl March 16, 2011 at 10:13 am #

That’s how I cook my bacon, too! So good. Convection makes it go even quicker…

• omgyummy March 16, 2011 at 10:16 am #

That’s what I figured but decided to try it per the “recipe” first. Bacon is one of those foods I eat less often because I hate the clean-up. Now just have to clean the rack. And it was so good!

2. Rufus' Food and Spirit Guide March 16, 2011 at 10:18 am #

mmm, bacon. Feeling my inner Homer Simpson wanting to come out.

• omgyummy March 17, 2011 at 10:09 am #

Oh I am so glad to evoke thoughts of my buddy Homer through my food blog. Bring it on!

3. Scraps March 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

We think baked bacon actually tastes better than the stove-top variety (though we don’t always bother with the rack, shh! don’t tell). And amen to the easier clean-up. Just gather up the foil and away it goes!

• omgyummy March 17, 2011 at 10:10 am #

So does the bacon cook ok on both sides without the rack? If it does, it would make this the ultimate in easy clean-up – not even the rack to clean. Just some extra paper towels to degrease at the end.

• Scraps March 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

Oh, absolutely–the only thing the rack does is let the fat drip away. But without the rack, the hot fat acts just like it would in the pan: conveys the heat to the meat!

4. Diane March 16, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Do you think the time would be the same for fewer pieces?? I’m guessing yes….anyone try it with fewer pieces??? Well, to answer my own question, we often do bacon in the microwave. It can come out a little tough if you cook it too long, but it satisfies us!! One minute per slice is about right on High.

• omgyummy March 17, 2011 at 10:11 am #

Knowing the quality of your oven, I would guess it might. I would try it with less time – you can always add more but you can’t take away.

• Scraps March 21, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

We call that bacon-pringles, especially if it’s turkey bacon, because it takes on the crisp-pressed quality of the potato chips in the tubes.

5. Karen from Globetrotter Diaries March 17, 2011 at 8:21 am #

This is always how I make my bacon– nice and crisp!

• omgyummy March 17, 2011 at 10:13 am #

I bought really good applewood bacon from the meat counter and this method really brought out the flavor and it was so easy. I could tend to other prep while it did its thing in the oven.

6. rsmacaalay March 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

I can smell it from my screen, yummy bacon!

7. bookjunkie March 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

ohmygosh….BACON!!!!

it’s thrilling to find a fellow wordpress and SITS blogger!! :)

8. the MRS. March 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

i LOVE baked Bacon. Mosty because I like CRISPY bacon strips. Like Extra Crispy.

I also LOVE that they are straight/flat. Perfect for BLT’s!

Oh and I guess its supposed to be better for you…

Just stopping by from Sits!

♥ c.e.l.i.n.a

9. morgan March 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

That’s how I do bacon … not that we eat it much. But when we do … mmmm … yum!

Visiting from SITS :)