My Feature Day on theSITSGirls.com!

15,000 women and growing every day!

Yippee! It’s my feature day on theSITSGirls.com – a warm and welcoming blogging community whose purpose is to educate, encourage, and connect women who blog. Each day, they feature a different blog and to earn that feature, you have to participate – visiting the featured bloggers and leaving comments nearly every day. In addition to these networking activities, they run a fantastic one day blogging conference called Bloggy Boot Camp as well as pithy online education programs like the recent 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (#SITS31DBBB).

How Did Bubbe Bake It - BlogHerFood aha momentSo welcome to my little piece of the burgeoning food blogging world. I’ve been writing for two years now, just celebrating my second blogaversary in February. I was inspired to start my blog by a fabulous trip to Italy in 2008, but continue to find inspiration from my baking bubbe, and my family’s diverse ethnic background and unending love for all things food. Before blogging, I was a high tech marketing communications professional for 17 years and have been limping my way through parenting two impossibly great kids for 17 years now as well, thankfully with my husband of 21 years (@dormantchef) right by my side!Orange Thyme Cocktail Cookies

I write about anything that inspires me to say OMG! Yummy but here are some of my favorites:

Inspired by my bubbe

How Did Bubbe Bake It? – Part 1

How Did Bubbe Bake It? – The Prequel

Bubbe’s Bubula – Recreating My Grandma’s Matzo Meal Pancake

Easy healthy recipes

Brenda’s Breaded Chicken with Garlic-infused Olive Oil

Is Spring on Your Dinner Table? Fast and Flavorful Steak and Arugula Salad

Tomato Time

Ring in the Berry Season!

Finding the courage to bake

Award-Winning Rugelach

Pie Dough for Dummies – Top Tips for the Doughaphobic

Blueberry Pie to Warm up Your Winter

French Fridays with Dorie (in my world – usually on Saturday!)

Savory Cheese and Chive Bread

Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good

Orange and Thyme Cocktail Cookies

Come say hi to me on Twitter @omgyummyblog, Facebook, and Pinterest !

I hope you enjoy your visit here on OMG! Yummy – I’m open 24 hours a day, no reservations necessary, and the food is always served with a smile.

, , ,

67 Responses to My Feature Day on theSITSGirls.com!

1. Tracy Wilson March 1, 2012 at 5:36 am #

Congrats again on your SITS day!
    Wonderful blog:)
    Tracy

2. MARIE COLE March 1, 2012 at 5:39 am #

YUM! Happy SITS day! :)))

3. Ashley March 1, 2012 at 6:01 am #

I’m so happy I found your website – I’m always looking for new recipes. I cannot wait to try your Breaded Chicken with Garlic-infused Olive Oil – Yummy!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Let me know what you think – it’s versatile and easy and always a family-pleaser. Thanks for coming by Ashley!

4. c.c. March 1, 2012 at 6:36 am #

happy sitsday!!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:16 am #

Thanks – this is so much fun!

5. Charlotte March 1, 2012 at 6:51 am #

Thank you! I’m drooling already :) Love a good food blog. And one that features recipes for rugelach and matzo meal pancakes? I’m all over it.

Hope you enjoy your day in the spotlight!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Oh thanks Charlotte – so much fun to find a mutual admiration society for bubulas and rugelach!!!

6. laurabaabaa March 1, 2012 at 6:52 am #

Well done on your SITS day…such a lovely blog…when I have time I am going to try some of these mouth watering recipes.

Will be back :)

Laura x

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Thanks Laura – and promise to stop by and tell me how it goes when you do try them. And I’ll be by to visit every visitor’s blog as well – it may take me a few days but I will be by. Happy March 1!

7. jamie@[kreyv] March 1, 2012 at 6:55 am #

Thanks for sharing your blog! Your food looks amazing!! Off to explore some more!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Thx Jamie – have fun looking around!

8. Robin | Farewell, Stranger March 1, 2012 at 6:55 am #

I’ve just had a peek around your blog and I’m so impressed! I’m always in awe of people who throw themselves into cooking. I enjoy it, but I don’t like to get complicated. I’d love to try some of your recipes though!

Happy SITS day!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:25 am #

Hi Robin – though occasionally I tackle something complicated, mostly I only have time for super simple quick meals and usually, those are the best! So cook simple and cook often!

9. Maggi March 1, 2012 at 7:18 am #

Orange and Thyme Cocktail Cookies, yum-o! Happy SITS Day! :D

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:26 am #

They’re delicious, easy, and you can have them ready to bake in the freezer for a last minute gathering. Give them a try! Thx for coming by Maggi!

10. Christa March 1, 2012 at 7:20 am #

Happy SITS Day! ;) I’ll be visiting your site often!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:26 am #

I hope so Christa – please come back for another nosh soon!

11. misssrobin March 1, 2012 at 7:45 am #

Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it’s a great day for you.

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:27 am #

So much fun so far – just wish I could clear my whole day to meet and greet online!

12. Corinne Rodrigues March 1, 2012 at 8:10 am #

Happy SITS day, Beth. Your recipes look fantastic. I’m bookmarking your blog for later ♥

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:27 am #

Come back anytime and let me know when you do Corinne. So happy to have you.

13. Christa the BabbyMama March 1, 2012 at 8:12 am #

Big congrats on your SITS Day! I’m not much of a cook myself, but I love reading recipes!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:34 am #

Oh people tell me that all the time – it’s the simple stuff that’s the best and I bet you are a better cook that you give yourself credit for! Thanks for coming by Christa!

14. Rachel Allison March 1, 2012 at 8:15 am #

Happy SITS dayy, Beth! I’m sort of a food blog addict, so we should get along just fine! :D

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Rachel – I am so happy to feed that addiction for you! Nice to meet a fellow addict!

15. Jenny@ADropintheBucket March 1, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Congrats on your SITs day! I am always looking for new recipes, so excited to find your site!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Happy you found it! Isn’t SITSGirls great? Enjoy your look around and let me know what makes it to your dinner table!

16. Anjie Orlowski March 1, 2012 at 9:09 am #

Yummy! I love a great food blog!

Happy SITS Day!

• omgyummy March 1, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Thanks Anjie! Glad to make your list of “great food blogs”. Smiling.

17. Trish March 1, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Congrats on being featured! Can’t wait to dive into your blog. Everything looks yummy so far :)

18. Leah aka FFPMaMMa March 1, 2012 at 9:47 am #

mmmm…looking forward to the orange rosemary cookies! Two of my favorite scents and ingredients. Going to do some more poking around…Nice to meet you SITStah!

19. Luci March 1, 2012 at 9:53 am #

Happy SITS Day, Beth. And happy 2nd year anniversary – you’re doing so well for only 2 years!

20. Sandy Corman March 1, 2012 at 9:58 am #

thanks for posting picture of you and grandma. forgot about that one. wish I loved cooking now as much as I used to because most of your recipes sound delicious. Ah! one of these days.

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

You should keep cooking – I am actually starting to find it relaxing even when I think I am too tired to cook!

21. Deanna @ Little Green Bow March 1, 2012 at 11:12 am #

Happy SITS Day! How lovely that it coincided with your 2 year blogaversary. I’m loving your delicious (or should I say yummy!) recipes. Mouth. Is. Watering. Will definitely be back and have liked your facebook page from my page so we can keep in touch there too. Enjoy your day in the spotlight! It’s been very nice meeting you. Cheers!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:43 pm #

Nice meeting you too! I’m still trying to catch up with all the comments and attempt to visit and say hi to everyone at their own blog. And yes, it was fortuitous for sure, that it coincided with my 2 yr anniversary but whoo, it’s been busy (not complaining!)

22. almostsinglemom March 1, 2012 at 11:13 am #

OMG yum! I love to cook and bake! i can’t wait to check out some recipes and I’ll follow you on pintrest!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Oh thanks for the follow – I am still trying to make Pinning a little more of my regular routine. But I’m working on it. What are your cooking and baking specialties?

23. Ashley Marie March 1, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Happy SITS day!!! All of those recipes sounds delish! Off to check some of them out. :)

24. Journee Kapri March 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Happy SITS day!

25. Brook @ redheadreverie March 1, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

Congrats on your SITS day!!! And…I just pinned the Breaded Chicken recipe on Pinterest…perhaps it will make an appearance on next week’s meal plan.

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

Oh I hope so and be sure to come back and let me know!

26. jamiegall1930 March 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Happy SITS Days!!! Look forward to taking a peek around =)

27. Shannon Pruitt from 'Mynewfavoriteday' March 1, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

I am pretty sure I need to eat everything here! I think the dough post is genius as pies from scratch are the best and that’s how our family makes them but it’s so intimidating. I am off to check out the breaded chicken recipe and plan to make the Savory Cheese and Chive bread to drink with a big fat glass of red wine:)! Happy SITS day!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

Dough is oddly such an intimidating thing until you get to know it better. I’m still leaning towards the intimidating side of things but I’m getting more confident. Glad you enjoyed the post and would love to be drinking a glass of red wine with you right about now!

28. Carlo/Carlo At Your Service Productions March 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Now, ain’t THAT the truth; you post/section: finding the courage to bake. You’d think I’d be
    “over” not liking to bake, but I’m not. And you totally crack me up… talking about “doughaphobic”! For real, I can so sincerely relate.

You’d think I’d be over the whole baking-itis thing, being a caterer and all. But, shhhh… Don’t tell anyone. I don’t really like it because you can’t ad-lib. You must follow the recipe, measuring everything, and doing exactly what they say. But you know, as much as I love producing parties, I love cooking (not baking, thankyouverymuch) a lot too. And, coming in second would have to be, event planning. So I truly admire you for ‘fessing up to how you REALLY feel. I’m on the “Carlo Reality & Truth Tour”, so I might as well shame the devil and talk about this too – like you do.

Beth, you are certainly inspiring. Blogging for two (2) years and already making SITS “Featured Blog of the Day”? You go! Having accomplished that – you give me hope. One day, something like what has happened to you, can happen to me too. Awesome!

Well Beth, many, many congratulations to you for making such a fine achievement! Thank you for sharing you Bubbe and all of your foodisihness with us SITSGirls and the world. Bravo to you… Bravo!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

Thanks for all your thoughtful comments! I’m glad you enjoyed my bubbe and my baking posts – they are some of my favorites for sure!

29. Julie M. March 2, 2012 at 4:41 am #

Woohoo! Congrat on your SITS day and on your 2nd blogiversary! I see that you’re speaking at BlogHer food. I just bought my ticket so I’ll be there as well. I can’t wait to catch up again. Hope you have a great weekend Beth!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:52 pm #

Oh I am so glad you’ll be there Julie! I will be dashing in on Friday morning and dashing out Sat night because of graduation commitments at home but I will be there!! Can’t wait to see you again! Congrats on your recent anniversary too!

30. Chantilly Patiño (@biculturalmom) March 2, 2012 at 4:44 am #

Happy SITS Day Beth! Excited to see you’re going to BlohHer Food…and speaking! Glad to find you. :)

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

We’ve got a lot of different cultures going on in our home too! Makes for really interesting fusion food and lots and lots of great holiday cooking! Thanks for coming by.

31. Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos March 2, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Can I say how much I’m adoring OMG! Yummy – Congrats on your SITS day and I’m so thrilled I have another fabulous food blog that is on my “daily must read” list.

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

Oh thanks so much! Hope it’s ok that I cook in flats though – I have bad feet :-) Love your blog name!

32. Kate March 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

What a mouthwatering blog! Happy to have found you, and (belated) congratulations on your SITS day!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

I live by the mantra better late than never – thanks for finding me and hope you enjoyed your look around. Come back for another nosh soon!

33. Leslie March 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

I know I’m a day late, but I hope you had a fantastic SITS Day! I’m always looking for new, fantastic, recipes and can’t wait to check yours out!

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Thanks Leslie – I did have a great day – what a warm group of ladies my SITStahs are!

34. pinkmama68 March 2, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

So proud of you! You are a hard working blogger and you always make me hungry when I visit your page, LOL! Go BAY AREA Bloggers.

@pinkmama68 :)

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

Aaahhh – thanks Pam! We NorCal bloggers have to stick together. Thanks for coming by!!

35. Mindi March 5, 2012 at 11:07 am #

Congrats on your SITS day!! Those matzo meal pancakes look soooo good!!! My husband looks forward to my yearly matzo ball soup so I’ll have to try these out soon.

• omgyummy March 5, 2012 at 10:16 pm #

Can you believe it’s almost time for Matzo Ball Soup and Gelfilte fish??? Try the matzo meal pancake – so easy but so different and comforting.

36. nan @ lbddiaries March 6, 2012 at 8:18 am #

Happy belated SITS day! I’m catching up and wanted to stop by and say hello! I’m off to wander through your blog – it looks wonderful!

37. Leaza in Denver March 6, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

I can’t wait to try out some of your recipes!! My mouth is watering already… :)

1. Five Easy Meal Ideas to Break Out of your Mid-Week Slump! « OMG! Yummy - March 14, 2012

[…] I was featured on TheSitsGirls web site on March 1, so many people requested recipe ideas and were desperately seeking […]