When I was featured on TheSitsGirls web site on March 1, so many people requested recipe ideas and were desperately seeking inspiration to cook. As I survive this crazy busy week touring colleges with my son, I find myself struggling to get home-cooked food on the table. So I thought you might need a little mid-week inspiration as well. Here are a few popular posts from my archives to help you get some hot food on the table tonight:
1. Brenda’s Breaded Chicken - easy, flexible to prepare, great leftovers
2. Crock-Pot Carnitas - get it started in the morning, ready when you get home from work
3. Steak and Arugula Salad - a whole meal on one plate – just add a crusty piece of bread
4. Roasted Veggies - perfect to go with any of the above main courses – prepare a lot and use on sandwiches and a couple of more dinners
5. Roasted Tomato Sauce - wonderful even when it’s not tomato season – put it over pasta and I guarantee you and your kids will be licking the bowl!
Have any tried and true mid-week meal ideas? Please don’t be shy and share them in the comments below.