Wordless Wednesday: The Shrimp Trucks of Oahu’s North Shore

Where the gourmet food truck craze really began!

Shrimp Trucks North Shore Oahu

Shrimp Trucks North Shore Oahu
Shrimp Trucks North Shore Oahu
Thanks to @techsavvyteen and @dormantchef for the beautiful photos!

, , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: The Shrimp Trucks of Oahu’s North Shore

1. Georgia B. May 3, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

OMG — Got back from vacation (Transatlantic cruise to Spain – wonderful) and new I needed to catch up on your blog. OMG!!! As wondeful as Spain was, I’m still jealous of your going to da ‘aina. Great post about talk story. Remember, before the missionaries, there was no written langauage — just talk story. I am definitely going to try the sausage and soy eggs. Sounds yummy! I can’t wait to take Alan back to really explore. Me ke aloha, sistah!

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) May 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

Transatlantic cruise to Spain – ummm WOW! Spain is high on my list of must-visit countries. But back to Hawaii – we must explore together someday Georgia but if you haven’t spent much time North Shore – go! And I love the reminder that “talk story” was the main form of communication before the missionaries. Funny thing is, today I saw a blog post about how crucial “talking story” is in the business world. Human nature – stories and food gather us together and add meaning and dimension to life!

2. Garry Corman May 4, 2012 at 7:07 pm #

How were the shrimp burritos on the Macky’s truck…. did they use flour or corn tortillas?

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) May 6, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Wait – have you actually left me a serious food comment? This is a first. It’s a good question, actually, since most food trucks now serve whatever cuisine they offer as burritos. The one we tried actually serves plates and has tables and chairs set up under a canopy for eating. So no tortillas but they do have a sink set up to wash your hands after you are done peeling and eating the succulent buggahs!

• Garry Corman May 6, 2012 at 11:25 pm #

I was trying to joke, as I figured an upscale truck like that wouldn’t serve the usual workingman’s stuff…. but alas my jokedar was malfunctioning.

3. Kablooey Quest May 7, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Bounced over here from the SITS list o’bloggers, since I’m 2 after you. But damn, now I’m hungry. Beautiful photos, I love this WordPress theme, and thanks for the micro vacation to Oahu. Someday I’d love to check out these spots for real.

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) May 8, 2012 at 8:47 am #

Happy to oblige with the micro vacation :-). Living vicariously is great, when you can’t do the real thing, don’t you think? Thx for stopping by!

4. Devon Riesenberg (@DevonRiesenberg) May 8, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Visiting from the SITS Spring Fling! Wow, that shrimp dish looks mouthwatering! I love your blog! I live in the San Diego area and we don’t have many food trucks here, or at least I don’t know of any ;)

I fancy myself a home cook too and love reading all your recipes!

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) May 8, 2012 at 8:45 am #

Glad you enjoy my recipes and the Oahu posts. Here is a resource for finding food trucks in SD: http://sdfoodtrucks.com/list-of-trucks/. Follow the ones you’re interested in on Twitter and FB and you’ll get real time updates on their locations. Thanks for stopping by. Don’t be a stranger!

5. sourire11 May 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

YUM! We have the gourmet trucks here in Cleveland but I always seem to miss them. I really need to make a point to go to one sometime! Anyways thank so much for stopping by my SITS day. So nice to meet you!

6. Kate May 16, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

Hi Beth,

I’ve been looking for blog posts about Oahu to feature on our site. If you’re interested, you can drop me a line at Kate (at) Dwellable (.com)

Thanks!

7. lisa May 23, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Plate lunch!!! My brother used to live on the North Shore. Loved visiting…and eating!