Goodbye BlogHerFood 12, Hello Summer!

Chirping birds instead of chirping alarm clocks alert me that morning has arrived. That’s how I know that the school lunch sandwich-making is on hiatus and summer is here.

At 5PM Sunday I swallowed the last bite of my graduation sandwich. Amidst my exhaustion, I could almost feel the childhood excitement that pervades your body and soul when the last school bell rings and those long summer days devoid of homework have finally arrived.

This morning, I felt my cooking inspiration reappear and prepared a fresh fruit crisp for breakfast – I’ll share the new recipe in my next post. For now, enjoy the slideshow below with visual snippets of my quick, exciting and invigorating two days in Seattle at #blogherfood! If you’re interested in more information from our storytelling panel, you can find the live blog including the slide presentations here.

And congratulations to BlogHer and the Fairmont Olympic for running a content-rich and top-class conference and to my co-panelists Melissa Crane, Molly Wizenberg, and Tori Avey, and our moderator, Rebekah Denn, who all, in my opinion, exceeded expectations for delivering informative and inspiring messages during our storytelling panel.

, , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Goodbye BlogHerFood 12, Hello Summer!

1. lizthechef June 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm #

So cool – I feel like I was there – and fabulous that you served on a panel – impressive!

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Glad you liked it Liz! I felt like I missed a lot in my photos – I was pretty distracted with the panel. But it was worth the preparation and nerves. It went really well!

2. Susan @ SwoonMySpoon June 13, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Wonderful post. You captured Seattle beautifully, clouds included. It was a pleasure to meet you. Your presentation was one of the highlights of the conference for me.

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 13, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

Thanks so much Susan! And lunch at the park overlooking the water and chit-chatting with you and the other ladies was a true highlight for me. Glad to have met you – let’s stay in touch until we meet at the next blogging conference.

3. sandy corman June 13, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

OMG, everything looks so yummy. Sounds like you had a great time. I loved visiting the public market when we were there.

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 13, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

While I don’t love the weather in Seattle – I could live there just for the market :-)

4. VirgoBlue June 13, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

You know I wish I could’ve been there. Congrats on how well it went!

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 13, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

You were missed by many!

Next year’s date is just as bad if not worse for me – @techsavvyteen will be graduating from high school the day after the conference. I’m not loving these dates for a conference that I adore!

5. Hannah June 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Hi Beth – love your photos from BlogHer Food! I wish I could have met you and attended your session. I was only able to be at the conference on Fri due to a family event on Sat. I’m hoping to go next year in Austin – the dates may not be great, though, since my older son is graduating from high school that week.

So nice summer has begun for you! My kids get out next week. It’s not feeling much like summer here yet, though – still cloudy and chilly. Enjoy your time!

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 14, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

I’m sorry we didn’t meet too! Dates for next year are problematic again for me – my son graduates high school the day after the conference so my attendance is unsure, at best :-( Sounds like we have many things in common.

I really like your blog – let’s stay in touch in the “cloud” until we get a chance to meet in person.

• Hannah June 19, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

Yes – I’d love to stay in touch and agree we have many of the same things going on right now. I’m happy to discover your blog and am enjoying reading. :)

6. Lana June 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm #

Sure I am envious, but I am also happy that you had a great time. I still bask in the glow of the Atlanta conference and all the people I met:)
    The Piroshki look very appetizing and Seattle IS on the west coast after all.
    And apropos your FB comment, yes, I know that there are great things in future for both of us:) I just wish we lived closer, as I would love to hang out with you often, while our girls get to know one another:)

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 20, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

We will find opportunities to be together soon, I just know it!

7. Crystal Engler June 18, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

Stopping from SITS. :)

8. Lisa Cash Hanson (@Mompreneurmogul) June 19, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

My friend Toni Spilsbury was at this conference :) How fun. Thank you for coming by my blog today for my SitsGirl day it was wonderful. I know you are so right about how quickly time passes Matilda is growing so fast and I have to remind myself every day to slow down so I can truly enjoy every moment with her .

• Beth (OMG! Yummy) June 20, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

Oh the Organized Cook – I think we met! Such a small world. Thanks for popping back here to say hello!

1. BlogHer Food in Seattle | Dash of East - June 13, 2012

[...] and thank you BlogHer for an epic conference.More write-ups from BlogHer Food ’12: Beth at OMG! Yummy Branny at Branny Boils Over Kelly at Just a TasteIf you were at the conference and wrote a post [...]

2. Talking Story: A Frantically Fantastic French Vacation « OMG! Yummy - July 25, 2012

[...] barreling through the end of junior year, middle school, SAT testing, and my speaking engagement at BlogHerFood. Not surprisingly, no time was left to plan a summer getaway. The view from our Paris living room [...]