What do real estate and chocolate have in common? Generally nothing but this month my real estate agent’s monthly newsletter was all about chocolate instead of a pithy but less-inspiring topic like how to remodel your bathroom. And you can probably tell from my Saturday Night Chocolate Craving post, that cacao beans and I are inseparable. So two whole pages of chocolate trivia was music to my eyes! Here’s a sampling:
- Chocolate used to be a cure-all for fevers, digestion, and pain (Wait – you mean it’s not anymore?)
- Chocolate contains antioxidants shown to lower your LDL, or “bad” cholesterol (source Yahoo News). I’m not recommending this as a cure but those couple of bites of pure luscious dark chocolate sound that much better don’t they?
- Chocolate milk is as effective a post-workout recovery drink as sports drinks or protein shakes to help relieve muscle soreness (source Women’s Health)
- The Mayans drank chocolate and used it as a currency – gosh maybe the chocolate fueled their brilliant calendar configurations!
- But the most vital piece of information – the current supply of cacao plants can’t keep up with growing demand so don’t delay consuming your chocolate – down the road it might be hard to come by!
So in the spirit of encouraging chocolate consumption, here’s a round-up of some of my favorite recent posts on eating, baking, and drinking chocolate. Treat yourself and your sweetie and kids to some chocolate elixir of your choosing tomorrow and have a sweet and yummy Valentine’s Day!
How about hot chocolate and homemade whipped cream:
Or if you prefer marshmallows with your hot chocolate:
How about chocolate soufflés that you can prepare ahead of time and bake at the last minute? (It’s true!)
Or what if you could prepare a chocolate cake with optional ganache topping in just one bowl?
And finally, how about this luscious Dorie Greenspan chocolate loaf perfect for breakfast or any time of the day!
What’s your favorite chocolate treat? Please share your chocolate love – it will make my Valentine’s Day that much sweeter!