Pomegranate Molasses Salad Dressing
A simple vinaigrette combining the familiar balsamic vinegar with the tangy syrupy pomegranate molasses. Easily modified to your own tastes or menu – add fresh or dried herbs, change the vinegar, or use it exactly as is. Originally served on a fig and manchego green salad, it would be ideal for so many salads throughout the year.
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 3 ¼ teaspoons pomegranate molasses adjust up or down to your tangy taste buds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each to start
In a small bowl combine the shallots, vinegar and pomegranate molasses, then whisk in the olive oil.
Taste, then add salt and pepper or other herbs to your own liking.
Calories: 93kcalCarbohydrates: 3gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgPotassium: 5mgSugar: 2gIron: 0.1mg