Apricot Jam Chicken
Apricot jam chicken with lemon and Dijon mustard is a wonderful blend of sweet, tart and savory flavors. And it’s so easy to prepare for a simple weeknight meal or a special holiday dinner.
- 1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves or use apricot jam
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced or 2 if they are small
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional - mustard may be enough salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 - 10 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves or an equivalent amt. of thighs or use bone-in chicken
Cut your boneless skinless breasts or thighs into appropriate individual serving size pieces and arrange in the baking dish.
Combine preserves, mustard, lemon rind, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl and whisk together. If you are baking the chicken right away, pour the sauce over the chicken in the baking dish. Then lay a lemon slice on each piece of chicken or evenly cover the whole baking dish with the slices.
Cook at 375 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered. Or 325 convection for 40 minutes or 350 convection for 30 minutes.
- You can prepare the sauce mixture for the chicken ahead of time.
- If you are not cooking the chicken immediately after preparing the sauce, you can refrigerate the sauce or you can pour it over the chicken and then refrigerate the whole baking dish until you are ready to cook. Be sure to let it sit out of the fridge for 15 - 30 minutes before you put it in the oven, if you can.
- If you prepare this with bone-in chicken pieces instead, double the cooking time and add the lemon slices halfway through the cooking process. I love when the lemons slices get really toasty but if you prefer them less "burnt" add them halfway through the cooking.
Calories: 119kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 20gFat: 2gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 188mgPotassium: 377mgVitamin A: 35IUVitamin C: 9.8mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.5mg