Cranberry Orange Jam Recipe
Cranberry Orange Jam is a perfect addition to your holiday table and a great gift-giving idea. So easy to make - using fresh cranberries, apple, sugar, and orange - this will become a fall tradition in your home!
- 1 cup superfine sugar (regular would be fine too)
- 16 ounces of fresh cranberries (if you have a package in the freezer – can use them straight out of the freezer – no problem)
- Juice and zest of 1 orange (juice should be about ½ cup – add water or orange juice if necessary to bring up to a ½ cup)
- 1 medium apple (peeled, cored, grated (any variety apple you have will do but tarter apples have more natural pectin which helps thicken the jam))
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (optional)
Put all ingredients, except liqueur, in a medium saucepan on medium heat – bring to a boil, then keep at a low boil for about 15 minutes.
Intermittently, you’ll hear the cranberries popping. Mix often to check for thickening. If cranberries have not all popped and it’s getting too thick, add a bit more water or orange juice.
Taste for sweetness and flavor at about 10 minutes, and if desired, add in the orange liqueur. This is also a good time to use a wooden spoon or potato masher to break up some of the chunks, depending on the texture you prefer.
Cook for another 5 minutes, take off heat and let it cool off.
Makes about 3.5 cups. Once cool, put in jars and refrigerate. Should last about 2 weeks or you can freeze some for later use.
Calories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 24gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 2gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 30IUVitamin C: 5.7mgCalcium: 4mgIron: 0.1mg