A satisfying breakfast smoothie that could easily become a delicious dessert with the addition of some vanilla ice cream, which is how the original drink, called a majoon, is served.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice approx.
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened or sweetened or vanilla flavored
- 1 tablespoon honey if using unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon and sea salt
- to your liking - add toasted nuts and seeds as toppings such as pistachios, almonds, walnuts, coconut flakes, sesame seeds
Calories: 653kcalCarbohydrates: 104gProtein: 18gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 388mgPotassium: 1228mgFiber: 10gSugar: 85gVitamin A: 180IUVitamin C: 5.1mgCalcium: 290mgIron: 1.8mg