Leftover Prime Rib Fried Rice
Leftover Prime Rib Fried Rice is the treat we look forward to all year. But why wait!? This recipe will work with any leftover protein and you’ll find yourself using your extra rice to create this dish year-round.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2-3 stalks green onion chopped
- 2 cups Prime rib diced (10oz/280 grams)
- Black pepper to taste
Have all ingredients prepped and measured (mise en place)
Heat pan to med high heat and add about 3 tablespoons oil until almost smoking. Add crumbled cold rice and stir until it's bouncy (very little moisture left)
Make a space for the eggs (premixed and whipped) and add then mix quickly to coat the rice.
Add sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix well.
Add green onions and black pepper to taste and stir well.
Add prime rib at the end just to warm.
- Serve topped with Cabernet reduction, furikake or Sriracha
- 3-4 main course servings, 6 as a side dish
- Always use cold rice.
- Rice should not be sticky to begin with – you should be able to see individual grains.
- Taste for flavor after you add the liquid flavorings.
- Use a hot large pan or wok. Heat is what makes the magic.
Calories: 710kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 21gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 152mgPotassium: 352mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 139IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 2mg